ENGELMANN Drahtseilfabrik GmbH
All personal data will be treated confidentially.
CONTROLLER AS DEFINED BY FDPA AND GDPR
ENGELMANN Drahtseilfabrik GmbH,
represented by the CEOs
Hagen Hänelt, Stephan La Roche
Company headquarters: Hannover
Commercial register: Hannover
District Court Hannover
VAT Id.No.: DE811 211 334
P: +49 511 63983 – 0
F: +49 511 63983 – 99
Data protection officer
Our appointed data protection officer is:
Wilhelm vom Hofe Drahtwerke GmbH
You can contact our data protection officer at:
1. THE REASONS FOR DATA PROCESSING
The use of our website is generally possible without providing personal data. As far as personal data are processed on our websites (for example name, address or e-mail addresses), this takes place, as far as possible, always on voluntary basis. These data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
We collect and process your information to provide our website and to provide you with the best possible service through convenient access to our services.
2. WHICH DATA ARE COLLECTED, PROCESSED OR USED?
2.1 VISIT OF OUR WEBSITE
If you access our web pages, our servers automatically collect information of a general nature, in particular for the purpose of establishing a connection, functionality and system security.
• The type of browser used,
• The operating system used,
• The domain name of the internet service provider (ISP),
• The connection data of the computer used (IP address),
• The website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL),
• The pages you visit on our website,
• As well as the date and duration of the visit.
These data may be stored in server log files. These log files are deleted after four weeks. Systemic access statistics are deactivated and are therefore not performed. These data are not combined with other data sources.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
a) E-Mail or telephone correspondence
If you send us an E-Mail or contact us by telephone, your E-Mail address and the information provided to us via E-Mail/telephone will only be used for correspondence with you. After completion of the correspondence, your E-Mail address and the data communicated to us will be deleted and no other use or transfer to third parties will take place, unless an administrative procedure is initiated. If there are legal storage obligations to the contrary, the E-Mail correspondence and all data transmitted to us will not be deleted within the period of the storage obligation.
b) Use of our contact form
If you contact us via a contact form, personal data will be collected. The contact form clearly shows which data will be collected. The data will be stored for the purpose of processing your request. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*). All other information is voluntary. We delete the data arising in connection with the contact form after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if legal retention obligation exist.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR, if it concerns your contacting within the scope of a contract. Furthermore, it is in our legitimate interest to answer your inquiries, so that in this case Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis.
2.3 INTEGRATION OF GOOGLE MAPS
Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield,
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Personal data will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply or you request erasure. The data will also be erased if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standard expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract or you have given your consent to this.
Cookies are used to make the use of the websites and the preferences of website visitors attractive. This saves, for example, your data for the selection of a country or a language. Cookies are small text files that are created on your hard drive to enable the browser to be identified when you visit the website again.
You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by making the appropriate browser settings. Cookies that have already been set can be erased at any time. For information on how to erase cookies or prevent them from being saved, please refer to the respective browser instructions.
The following links provide information on this option for the most frequently used browsers:
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-informationen-websites-auf-ihrem-computer
• Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_EN
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/12.10/de/cookies.html
If you have not made or do not make any other settings, cookies that enable or are intended to ensure the necessary technical functions remain on your terminal device until you close your browser, other cookies may remain on your terminal device for longer (maximum 24 hours).
If you do not accept cookies, this can lead to an impairment of the use of our Internet offer.
5. USE, TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The website is hosted by XODOX GmbH, Konrad Ott Strasse 2, 91301 Forchheim, Germany, as so-called processor according to Art. 28 GDPR. The technical and organisational security measures at XODOX GmbH have been checked and are regularly checked before being commissioned.
Your data will only be passed on to third parties if this is necessary and legally permissible, if you have given your express prior consent or if we are legally obliged to do so.
If you provide us with personal data within the scope of an express consent, this data will only be used for the purpose on which the consent is based and which you have agreed to in advance. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
Your personal data will be processed and stored for as long and to the extent necessary for the purposes stated in these notes. After these purposes have been fulfilled, the data will be regularly deleted. Deletion shall not take place if further processing for a limited period is required to comply with statutory retention periods or for documentation and verification purposes within the framework of statute of limitations.
6. DATA SECURITY
We protect our website and other systems by technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons. The data is transmitted using SSL encryption of up to 256 bits. Despite regular controls and constant improvement of our safety measures, complete protection against all dangers is not possible.
7. GOOGLE WEBFONTS
In order to present our contents correctly and graphically appealing across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts https://www.google.com/webfonts/ on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font. Accessing script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. It is possible that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
8. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
If your personal data are processed, you are data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights towards the controller:
8.1 RIGHT OF ACCESS BY THE DATA SUBJECT, ART. 15 GDPR
You can ask the controller to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed by us.
If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from the person responsible:
• the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
• the categories of personal data processed;
• the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed;
• the planned duration of the storage of personal data concerning you or, if it is not possible to provide specific information, the criteria for determining the storage period;
• the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to limitation of the processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
• the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
• any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject.
8.2 RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION, ART. 16 GDPR
You have a right of rectification and/or completion towards the data controller if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. The controller shall make the correction immediately.
8.3 RIGHT TO RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING, ART. 18 GDPR
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you will be restricted:
• if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that enables the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
• the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
• the data controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
• if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the processing restriction has been restricted according to the above conditions, you will be informed by the controller before the restriction is withdrawn.
8.4 RIGHT TO ERASURE, ART. 17 GDPR
• DUTY TO DELETE
You may request the data controller to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and the controller is obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
• The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed otherwise.
• You withdraw your consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
• You file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR.
• The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
• The deletion of personal data concerning you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller is subject.
• The personal data concerning you have been collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
• INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
If the data controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to delete it pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data processors who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to cancellation does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary
• to exercise freedom of expression and information;
• for the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller;
• for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 (2) (h) and (i) and Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
• to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
8.5 RIGHT TO INFORMATION
If you have exercised your right to correct, erase or limit the processing, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or erasure of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of such recipients by the controller.
8.6 RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY, ART. 20 GDPR
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass this data on to another person in charge without obstruction by the controller to whom the personal data was provided, provided that
• processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR and
• processing is carried out using automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you will be transferred directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically possible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
8.7 RIGHT TO OBJECT, ART. 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you under Article 6(1)(e) or (f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The data controller no longer processes the personal data concerning you, unless he can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
8.8 RIGHT TO WITHDRAW THE DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION OF CONSENT, ART. 7 PAR. 3 GDPR
You have the right to withdraw your data protection declaration of consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until withdrawal.
8.9 RIGHT OF APPEAL TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY, ART. 77 GDPR
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside, work or suspect of infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
9. EXISTENCE OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
As a responsible company, we work without automatic decision-making or profiling.
10. LINKS TO WEBSITES OF OTHER PROVIDERS
Our website may contain links to websites of other providers. We have no influence on and do not control that other providers comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
By using the websites, the user consents to the processing and use of his data as described in this data protection declaration. We reserve the right to change the data protection declaration at any time with effect for the future if necessary, in particular to adapt it to a further development of the websites or to implement new technologies.